The basic required information is in bold red. If a commercial shipment, the required information is usually provided on a commercial invoice or packing list which can be faxed or emailed to us.
- the number of boxes, pieces or pallets/crates the driver should pick up;
- a description of the type of goods being picked up (electronics, equipment, personal effects, baggage, etc.);
- the amount of insurance (USD) shipper wishes to placing on the goods being picked up;
- a commercial invoice and packing list;
- purchase order number, or tracking number if available;
- If the shipment contains HAZMAT or Dangerous Goods, a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) may be required along with documents specifying the size of each packed unit.
- harmonized code - for international exports of commercial goods. If you do not have this we can assist you to where it can be obtained from the description of the goods
- country of origin - can be required for international exports / imports.
Whether the shipment is being picked up or dropped off, a general description of the cargo is required. If you want to insure the shipment, a specific value of the goods must be declared prior to the pickup or drop-off, along with a detailed description. If there is any damage or loss to the shipment and a claim is filed the content of the shipment and specific value of the cargo will have to be documented by the insured claimant.