· Develops a purchasing strategy.
· Reviews and processes purchase orders.
· Manages other members of the purchasing team.
· Maintains records of goods ordered and received.
· Negotiates prices and contracts with suppliers.
· Builds and maintains relationships with vendors.
· Selects prospective vendors and negotiates contracts.
· Evaluates vendors based on quality, timeliness, and price.
· Schedules deliveries and ensures timely fulfillment of orders.
· Researches and evaluates vendors to compare pricing and services.
· Coordinates with fellow executives to monitor inventory and determine supply needs.
· Ensures quality of procured items and addresses problems when they arise.
· Keeps up with trends in procurement.
· Travels to vendor locations.
· Stays current with purchasing technology trends and oversees purchase and implementation, as necessary.