1. Taking rates for containers
from 6-7 forwarders empanelled by the company
2. Getting booking for the lowest quotes received from the forwarder. IF possible do direct business with the shipping line.
3. Give the booking copy and delivery copy to transporter. Check for any damage on the container before loading the container from the storage yard of the container.
4. Co-ordinate the loading and dispatch of the container with the factory manager.
5. Prepare the post shipment documents like commercial invoice, bill of lading draft, packing list, fumigation certificate,chamber of commerce, transit insurance and send the draft to the customer for approval.
6. For lc based shipments, check all the lc based points microscopically and prepare the documents accordingly.
7. Approved documents to be presented to the bank for negotiation and courier.
8. Track the containers on the shipping line website for the sailing and the eta at the destination port regularly.
9. Learn how to use ODEX and VGM online system by your ownself.