- Determines customers' needs and maps it to the products
- Recommends new product ideas
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Provides product communication and marketing material
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data;
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Product Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Product Management, People Management, Understanding the Customer, Product Development, Requirements Analysis, Pricing, Planning, Competitive Analysis, Sales Planning, Inventory Control, Financial Planning and Strategy