Within the airport terminal, the ground staff is responsible for:
- Manning the check-in counters that serve departing passengers. Here, the duties include checking the passengers in for their flights, redirecting or rebooking customers whose flights have either been delayed or canceled, and giving updates to passengers who are waiting in the lobbies.
- Manning the arrival and departure gates. This involves attending to customers before they board, after they land, or when they are switching between flights.
- Performing cabin services to ensure that passengers are comfortable during their flights. Cabin services include cleaning and restocking the planes before the passengers can board them.
- Issuing tickets to passengers.
- Assisting passengers by answering questions, providing directions, or attending to their other needs. This includes helping passengers with inquiries about delayed or lost baggage.
- Taking reservations from passengers who call in.
- Assisting passengers with luggage check-ins at the ticket counter.
- Making sure that all baggage is delivered.
- Confirming the identities of passengers, and providing them with boarding passes.
- In some cases, ground staff may be responsible for screening passengers and their luggage for security purposes.
- Giving special assistance to disabled passengers. Outside the terminal, the ground staff is responsible for:
- Loading and unloading bags and other luggage to and from the plane.
- Helping passengers and the flight crew to get on and off the plane by providing the stairs.
- Indicating to the pilots which taxi spots they should use after the plane has landed.
Salary : 18000- 25000
Qualification : 12th Pass or Graduate
Skill : Good Communication skill in English, Bengali ,Hindi
Age : 18yrs to 35yrs