We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced dog trainer to conduct one-on-one and group training sessions with clients' dogs. You should be able to answer clients' questions regarding training, behavioral issues and boarding. To be successful as a dog trainer, you should be patient and passionate about training dogs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Consulting with clients to discuss behavioral concerns and training needs.
- Identifying additional behavioral concerns and communicating them to clients.
- Developing suitable training plans for dogs and documenting their progress.
- Teaching dogs to obey basic commands using various training techniques that are best suited to each dog’s personality and attributes.
- Implementing appropriate training programs to address and resolve problem areas, including aggression, separation anxiety, hyperactivity, and biting.
- Ensuring that the training areas are clean and tidy.
- Teaching clients appropriate training methods to enforce and maintain behaviors and skills learned by their dogs during training sessions.
Skills & Requirements
- Certified Dog Trainer from a reputed institute.
- Proven 3 years of experience as Dog Trainer.
- Sound knowledge of dog training techniques as well as animal behavior and body language.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong dog handling skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Patient and enthusiastic
- The ability to treat all animals with compassion.
- Knowledge of dog breed characteristics and behaviours
- Competent in breed recognition