We are looking for an experienced, driven Civil Engineer with a wealth of industry knowledge. To ensure success, the ideal candidate should be comfortable splitting their hours between the office, on-site visits and attending council meetings.
The Civil Engineer should be a critical thinker and have a sound subject knowledge of mathematics and physics to identify and solve engineering problems. You must also possess a certain level of creativity in order to present innovative solutions and improvements to technical processes.
Civil Engineer Responsibilities:
- Developing detailed designs.
- Doing feasibility assessments and site inspections.
- Preparing and implementing project plans.
- Researching and providing estimates for projects.
- Reviewing government regulations and ordinances.
- Monitoring and optimizing safety procedures, production processes, and regulatory compliance.
- Making recommendations or presenting alternative solutions to problems.
- Confidently liaising with clients and other professional subcontractors.
- Project management duties (e.g. managing budgets, resources, and deadlines; acquiring and compiling quotes, etc.).
Civil Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field, accredited by the Institution of Civil Engineers.
- A minimum of 0-1 years’ industry knowledge may be strongly desired.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with a high level of accuracy in calculations and design.
- Excellent time management skills to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Leadership skills to effectively manage a diverse group of professionals working on one project.
- Ability to coordinate more than one project at a time
- Should have commercial Knowledge