Business Development Executive
As a Business Developer, you will be responsible for selling & marketing activities of Fresh produce primarily Imported Fruits through our Seller Teams in Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Delhi to other businesses in your region. Joining a growing vibrant and ambitious team, you will be focused on understanding customer needs and building long term relationships. This will be achieved through developing an understanding of customers’ businesses, having an understanding of the challenges of supply within fresh produce, qualitative understanding of the product, effectively negotiating prices and ensuring a first class standard of service delivered at all times.
To be considered for this role you must have the following knowledge and experience-
Education: Graduate / MBA (not compulsory)
- Have a strong Sales and Business Acumen
- Minimum 2 to 4 years’ experience in fresh produce trading (sales/purchasing).
Previous experience in the field Sales role in Retail / FMCG / Telecom in General Trade with Distributors/RDS handling will be preferred.
- Currently working as Sales officer / Executive / TSM with telecom FMCG or Retail.
- Open to Travel- 100%
- Should have a two-wheeler for smooth mobility.
- You should be a team player.
- Have excellent negotiation and organizational abilities.
- Language fluency- English, Hindi (shall be replaced by local language depending on location of appointment).
- Self-driven and positive, interpersonal, numerical and communication skills.
- Should be open to visit Mandis at early hours as Fresh Produce Mandis generally start at early hours.
- Expanding the wholesalers/retailers base (Sellers / Buyers).
- Understanding the different types of buyer cohorts.
- Assist in managing the demand and supply chain network.
- Meeting the sales target – Value + Volume.
- Present themselves in Delivery Locations and Ensuring Delivery.
- Quality inspection along with Buyer immediately on delivery and reporting of the same to the Seller Business Team and finalise settlements if any required due to quality mismatches.
- Ensure regular follow ups for collections of payment on time
- Implementing the Company Schemes in the market.
- Increasing the visibility by merchandising.
- Collecting feedback from the clients and customers.
- Submitting market report / feedback on time.
- Other Duties (not limited to) -Visits to the warehouse, logistic points etc.
- Knowledge of ROI calculation.
- Assess business performance by maintaining trackers.
Why join us:
- Solving problems in a complex space which is yet so far not explored by any other firm, would definitely won’t make your work boring instead offer a handful of challenging responsibilities!
- Being part of a small team with full access to founders and every department of the organization, you can expect a steep learning curve
- Although there is a significant downside in joining a bootstrapped startup, given the current investment trends in the Agri Tech space, team of experienced entrepreneurs and the way our current business is shaping up, there is a significant upside potential. Additionally, you get access to a variety of fresh imported fruits!
Aalgro is building new-age trust in the trade of goods of fresh produce. We are here to enable e-transactions across Mandi's by providing real-time access to price discovery and qualitative information of lots along with providing logistics and credit support to our users, helping them make efficient and profitable trading decisions; also enabling new channels for procurement and supply for our users.
Our vision is to be an online exchange for fresh Produce with a mission:
- To digitize fresh produce to make it easy and convenient to trade for our users.
- To build and continuously improve on quality measures of individual produce for remote communication and common understanding
- To enable and continuously improvise on multiple Price Discovery Mechanisms suited in various scenarios
- To enable movement of assets (digitised fresh produce) and grow towards “Efficient Market”
- To put a limit on inherent risks in transactions between parties by needful and productised “transactional settlements”
- To ensure safe, secure, retraceable, f&f transactions
We have presence in Major Mandis in Bengaluru, Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai and Kolkata and are working towards creating a presence in more than 100 cities with Business Development Team members in 18 Tier 2 Cities each of who would handle 5-10 surrounding cities. We have a medium-size team of about 50 + employees and are in a growth phase.