1) Prepare test solutions, compounds, and reagents for laboratory personnel to conduct test.
2) Analyze organic and inorganic compounds to determine chemical and physical properties, composition, structure, relationships, and reactions, utilizing chromatography, spectroscopy, and spectrophotometry techniques.
3) Develop, improve, and customize products, equipment, formulas, processes, and analytical methods.
4) Compile and analyze test information to determine process or equipment operating efficiency and to diagnose malfunctions.
5) Direct, coordinate, and advise personnel in test procedures for analyzing components and physical properties of materials.