Responsible for designing products using computer-aided design software applications such as AutoCAD, Pro/ENGINEER, and SolidWorks. Designs products, creates and tests prototypes, and oversees other drafters.
- Design frameworks for a project.
- Work with industrial and packaging engineers to develop, manufacture, and market a product.
- Analyze, design and build business/technical solutions that deliver the client’s goal.
- Create detailed design documentation.
- Estimate time and costs required to complete project.
- Code and test software.
- Define, create and maintain development methodologies, procedures and standards.
- Create drawings in both 2 and 3-dimensional form.
- Design floor plans, elevations, and realistic renderings with the help of software.