About Airline Customer Service Agent
An Airline Customer Service Agent is a person who assists the customers with itinerary changes, flight reservations and questions about customer loyalty programs. Besides this, he also helps passengers with providing flight information, issuing tickets, check-in, solving ticket related problems and checking baggage. An Airline Customer Service Agent also upgrades the seats and reissues seats for them when no seats are available in the flight. Besides this, he also checks the boarding passes of the passengers.
Responsibilities of Airline Customer Service Agent
Some of the major responsibilities of an Airline Customer Service Agent are:
- Verifying and inspecting passenger documentation
- Assisting passengers with self-service check-in
- Maintaining high standards of security and services at the airport
- Making public address announcements whenever required
- Operation computers and other specialist equipment such as scanners, air-bridge and airline-specific software
Eligibility to become Airline Customer Service Agent
Check the minimum eligibility criteria for a career as an Airline Customer Service Agent provided below.
- Passed high school diploma or equivalent in relevant field
- Employers will prefer candidates who have completed a bachelor's degree in related fields
- Six months to one year of work experience is required
- Knowledge of some tools such as CRM, online chat software, contact centre software, customer relationship management software and Microsoft Office.
Skills Required: Some of the necessary skills required to become an Airline Customer Service Agent are
- Good listening skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Customers service skills
- Good levels of fitness
- Team working skills
Candidates who are looking for admission to any course for a career as Airline Customer Service Agent can fill the Common Admission Form.
Types of Job Roles Airline Customer Service Agent
An Airline Customer Service Agent operates at an airport or a call centre offering information and assistance to the passengers. He can also work at the front desk of the airport. There are many other profiles available for an Airline Customer Service Agent as provided below.
- Customer Service Representative: He is responsible for solving the complaints and questions of the customer.
- Airport Manager: He is responsible for the smooth functioning of all the activities at the airport.
- Retail Sales Associate: Retail sales associates are responsible for assisting consumers in the collection and purchasing of products.
- Flight Attendant: Flight attendants are responsible for ensuring the safety and security of the passengers during the flight.
Employment Opportunities for Airline Customer Service Agent
An Airline Customer Service Agent can apply to any company from the airline industry. Besides this, he can also choose any department at the airport to start his career as an Airline Customer Service Agent. Some other employment opportunities where an Airline Customer Service Agent may apply for a job are provided below.
- Tour Agencies
- Aviation Firms
- Travel Agencies