JOB ROLE :
1) Check import/export documentation to determine cargo contents, and classify goods into different fee or tariff groups, using a tariff coding system.
2) Contact vendors and/or claims adjustment departments in order to resolve problems with shipments, or contact service depots to arrange for repairs.
3) Determine method of shipment, and prepare bills of lading, invoices, and other shipping documents.
4) Direct delivery trucks to shipping doors or designated marshalling areas, and help load and unload goods safely.
5) Direct or participate in cargo loading in order to ensure completeness of load and even distribution of weight.
6) Enter shipping information into a computer by hand or by using a hand-held scanner that reads bar codes on goods.
7) Estimate freight or postal rates, and record shipment costs and weights.
8) Inspect and count items received and check them against invoices or other documents, recording shortages and rejecting damaged goods.
9) Keep records of all goods shipped, received, and stored.
10) Negotiate and arrange transport of goods with shipping or freight companies.
11) Notify consignees, passengers, or customers of the arrival of freight or baggage, and arrange for delivery.
Salary : 12000 to 20000 per month
Qualification : 10 or 12th pass
Age : 180 to 30 yrs