To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- With two years of structural design experience.
- Professional Engineer with an emphasis in structural engineering. Concrete design and post-tensioned concrete design experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD & Solidworks is a mandatory basic requirement
- General knowledge of the concrete industry.
- Ability to work as a team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the project team to develop cost effective shoring, reshoring and formwork systems for concrete structures.
- Design formwork systems for walls, columns, pilasters and climbing formwork systems.
- Design shoring and reshoring systems for elevated slabs and beams.
- Manage design process and provide direction to drafting staff.
- Assist Project Engineers with drafting RFI’s when required.
- Manage submittal process.
- Assists in forecasting material needs for formwork, shoring and reshoring.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with Project Managers through email and verbal interactions.